Infant massage classes
Why would you want to massage your baby....
There are many benefits to massaging for both you and your baby!
* massage can promote bonding and attachment to parents/guardians
* encourage verbal and non verbal communication
* develop love and trust between parent/guardians
* create a sense of respect and value for babies
* can stimulate all systems in the body (circulatory, digestive, immune, hormonal)
* aid in muscular development and growth, coordination and balance
* creates mind/body awareness to babies that might seem disorganized
* may offer relief from cramps, gas, constipation or general tummy troubles
* may provide relieve from growing pains, muscle tension, teething discomfort
* can help to promote relaxation for baby and you
* can regulate behavioural states
* may improve sleep patterns
* may increase flexibility and muscle tone
* space for parents/guardians to connect with other parents
* a fun atmosphere to learn in
This is an inclusive class for all family dynamics and encourages both parents to engage in massaging baby. This class is best for infants under the age of 12 months.
* massage movements for the whole body
* theory on the benefits of massage
* theory on behavioural states of babies
* education on what oils to use on your baby
* open discussion time for parents to share on any topic pertaining to their baby or parenting
* snacks and drinks during discussion time
* extra dolls for parents to practice massage movement if their baby isn't in the mood
* a non judgment place for babies and parents to be authentically themselves
* crying babies, crawlers, squirmers, feeders and all babies in between are welcome
To sign up for the 5 week classes please visit www.wonderoflearning.ca or call (604) 829-1346
Classes begin on Friday September 22nd - October 15th from 10am - 12pm
We are super EXCITED for you to see our program guide. We will be adding more programs but for now, let's explore what we have to offer. Welcome to our first EVER program guide! Download here.
Parents, we are now more than just a flexible child care learning centre and school of arts! We FOCUS on wellness and wellbeing, community and introducing new exciting programs and workshops for all ages. We would like to be a place where you can come with the option to learn in various ways...through the wonder of learning. This is our first brochure and we appreciate any feedback.
Don't forget to download a copy for yourself! :*) We hope the visual helps with learning more about our centre.
In the meantime, we are currently offer OVER 25 FREE TRIAL CLASSES from September 12th - September 23rd for BACK-TO-SCHOOL! Please check out our promotions area.
Next, we will begin again on September 5th for the School of Arts school year. We are currently on our way to our second month since opening WOLO. We have an amazing and excellent group of passionate teachers and educators on board! We believe we offer more than just your typical lessons and classes...
We are happy to create a package for you to make your day and time here valuable and memorable. Please give us a call at 604-829-1346 for a direct inquiry during office hours. We look forward to serving our Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood and all neighbourhoods surrounding our area. We create WOLO for our families and what we envision learning is...
Our vision is to instil a love of exploring and to inspire children and all learners through the wonder of learning.
We look forward to meeting you soon! :)
Miss Donna & Miss Monica & WOLO TEAM
Ashley Taylor | firstname.lastname@example.org | disabledparents.org